Searching for a job can be a tedious thing, especially when having to attend job interviews. I myself am currently looking for a new job and have found that the following steps have helped when going to interviews.
- Arrive early – Don’t just be on time to your interview, turn up 10-15 minutes early. This shows your interested in the job. More importantly however, don’t be late. If you’re late, the interviewer is inclined to think that you’re unreliable and that you’re likely to be late for work.
- Appearance – A key part of an interview is the first impression that you make on the other person. Dress smart to show that you’re committed enough to make an effort. The way you dress plays a big part on how you are perceived by another person, so if you look the part..
- Be prepared – If you really want the job, make sure that you’re as prepared as you can be. Read up about the company, do some digging. If they have a website, use it to your advantage. Knowledge is key. This means that you’ll be ready with answers to their questions.
- Confidence – Be clear on how you want to convey yourself as a person. Even if you are freaking out on the inside, try and stay calm and collected on the outside. Try your best not to fidget and make sure to keep eye contact. Stay positive, if you weren’t being seriously considered as a candidate, you wouldn’t be there.
- Be inquisitive – Prepare some questions before-hand and use them to your advantage. This not only clears up any issues that you have yourself, it also shows the interviewer that you are genuinely interested in the role.
Interviews aren’t always easy. They can be scary and exciting, but the best thing you can do is prepare to succeed. Hopefully these steps will help you in doing so.